Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hmmm...

Well, updating regularly hasn't worked out quite yet - oops!

Good new is, I'm officially in business! Doesn't feel like it, but according the IRS, I've taken a sale, so therefore in their eyes I'm open. I'm sure there's something I'm missing, and have yet to figure out the accounting aspect of things not to mention the dreaded taxes! But I finally feel like I'm moving in the right direction.

On the other side of things... I haven't had any of my sewing stuff out since before Christmas when my mother decided to move it all into the basement so she could put out her Christmas dishes... I think its partially because I've been busy with other things, but also because I've been lazy. One of my goals before I get wrapped up in a project, is to go thru and catalogue/organize everything. I need to see what I have supply-wise, plus I have a couple projects planned/in-the-works but have no idea about their status or if I have everything I need for it yet. But unfortunately, I've got other more pressing issues to tackle first....

... those dreaded bills and finances! I've never been good at keeping my checkbook balanced and everything (I've got at least a year or two of receipts still needing to be sorted and checked!) So, after I go through everything and find all the paperwork, bills, and receipts I have - I will be organizing and getting that in order... perhaps with some good music or a series of movies running for background noise! I also need to set up my finances for my business before I go much farther, but reading a few books currently to help me with this.

Aside from that, things are going as well as they can. The swim season is over, we had our Championships last weekend at my college - had a blast and even bested some of my times! Now... if only I can get in the water and actually practice! That's the goal for this summer: to get in shape and knock off some excess pounds!

Well, I've got plenty to do, and little time to do it... assuming I dont get sidetracked! A bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment